Release of CodeScene 2.7
We’re proud to announce our 2.7 release of the CodeScene on-premise version!
CodeScene 2.7 introduces a Defect Density view where hotspots are correlated to defects. We also expand the Code Biomarkers to more programming languages, and introduce an improved algorithm for the biomarker candidate selection.
- Defect Density of Hotspots: CodeScene’s Defect Density view shows the distribution of bug fixes, which lets you correlate defects with hotspots. This lets you use defects to predict the costs of any sub-optimal code you might find in the hotspots.
- Defect and Bug Fix Trends: Inspect the distribution defects for a hotspot over time:
- Expanded Code Biomarkers: The code biomarkers act like a virtual code reviewer that looks for patterns that might indicate problems. This version of CodeScene adds support for the following languages:
- IBM Rational Software Architect, UML models with embedded code.
- Provide more details in the risk calulcation in a delta analysis: CodeScene now includes a description field in its delta analysis of commits and pull requests. That field is a machine interpretation of why CodeScene scored a particular risk.
- Remove the deprecated Refactoring Targets view. This one is now replaced by the Code Biomarkers view.
- Use the temporal coupling filters in the temporal coupling X-Ray too
- Consistent biomarker candidates in repeated analyses.
- Handle failures in house-keeping more gracefully.
- Introduce an option that does not fail the delta analysis if the CodeScene analysis times out.
- Support float values for costs in the Jira plugin.
- Performance optimization of the PHP X-Ray for massive files.
- Fix the UI glitch in the off-boarding simulator.
- JIRA plugin: allow user to configure rest-api-path
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Get your license for CodeScene here.